Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Ferry home.

Now back at home, so I'll up date our last few days togeather.

Thursday was a short hop of 90 odd miles into Santander. We arrived with plenty of time to spare, so we spent our time at a sea front cafe and wandering the town.









We eventutally get onto the Ferry and it departs port as the sun is setting, quite appropriate as it is the end of the trip. The ferry is the same one we came out on and we soon familiarise ourselves with the bar area again, two bottles of red latter we are the last in the bar and so we head off for some sleep.

I awake (on the Friday morning) to find the cabin empty. I go off in search of Nigel and find him back in the bar area where he has been since about 5am. He finally abandoned the cabin as my snoring got so loud no matter how much he tried to drown it out he could not! Nigel returns to the cabin for some sleep. The rest of the day is spent in the bar area and in the last hour of the journey Nigel and I have our last cigar togeather.







As the ferry docks and we are called to our vehicles Nigel and I say our final goodbyes. I am remaining in Plymouth for the Friday night and Nigel is going home.

No comments: